Feb
Thursday, February 6, 2014

Feb. 6 update: Long day tomorrow

By

Yesterday the physical evidence of Noah’s treatment really hit me for the first time. I had left him in Millington on Monday and returned yesterday. Two days. The difference in his face was remarkable in those two days — much more swollen. That’s one of the results of the steroids he’s taking. We’ve known it was coming and have been told to expect these types of physical transformations, but it was jarring nonetheless. I’m so glad we were able to get some good pictures of him last Saturday.

Noah hasn’t been to the hospital much this week, but tomorrow is going to be a whopper. The spinal tap that they planned to do earlier in the week has been rescheduled for tomorrow, and he’s set to get a long chemo treatment. We’re expecting for him to be at the hospital from about 7 a.m. until about 9 p.m. This will be the longest he’s been there since getting discharged last month.

So, some prayer requests:

— Pray for Noah about his treatment tomorrow. Pray for strength, stamina and courage for him as he endures this grueling day. Pray also that the side effects from tomorrow’s large chemo treatment will be minimal. He’ll be getting some different types of chemo than what he’s had so far, so that’s always a little unsettling for us in not knowing how he’ll respond.

— Pray for me as I try to juggle all the logistics of the back-and-forth between Jackson and Millington. Much of the time I have to pause and think what day it is. The travel and time spent in both places is difficult emotionally for me. There are constant challenges in what we do with Daniel and Emmalee between the two places. We’re adjusting our plans non-stop, it seems. Plans fall through because people get sick, and we have to be extra cautious in exposing the kids to anyone who’s been sick or been around people who are sick.

— Pray for Daniel and Emmalee about this upheaval. If it’s hard on me, I know it’s hard on them. By God’s grace, they are handling it well so far, but I know it’s frustrating and tiresome for them as well.

— Pray for wisdom for Sarah and me when it comes to discerning and meeting all the different needs for our kids.

— Pray for endurance for all of us. There’s light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to this intensive induction phase, but 3-4 weeks still sounds like a long way off most of the time.

Thank you again for your care, your encouragement and your prayers.

Categories : Family, Leukemia, Noah

Comments

1. Melanie Rickman says:

I am praying for all of you Tim. I know God’s grace will see you through.
    Melanie

2. Treva Cruz says:

Tim & Sarah, You are in our prayers daily. Thanks for giving us specific things to pray about. Our hearts go out to Noah and all of you during this difficult time. But, it is a journey that will one day be behind you and many healthy blessed days are ahead of you. One day at a time He will lead & sustain you!
    Don & Treva

3. Renee Brooks says:

Tim, I am a friend of Sarah’s and we know each other from the co-op at Cornerstone. Please know that our family can provide extra sets of hands here in Jackson if there is ever a need for Daniel and Emmalee to do school and/or playtime. I am willing to make the drive to transport the children, too, if you ever needed a back-up. I know that you are surrounded by several willing families at Cornerstone and I just wanted to add our names to the list. Our family, as well as Northbrook Church and Tulip Grove Church is Old Hickory, TN are all praying
    for your family.

Jason, Renée, Hayden and John Brooks

4. stump says:

John 11:4

this sickness is for God to be glorified;

praying daily for noah and yall, extra pray for tomorrow.

your whole family is so important to me love all ya and this included david,ha ha
    sarah you so speicl to me i hurt for you but give you the strenght i can thru praying for yall, this is you the way you are always in help zone. Phill 2:4 lov stump

5. Gina Toms says:

Hi Tim. Thanks for the update on Noah and your family. We are praying for all of you. I just wanted you to know that we are thinking of all of you often and that we are praying for God’s will to be done in all of this. Your friend, Gina.

6. Sandy Phipps says:

My heart continues to ache as I read your daily notes as I walk with your family through Noah’s treatment. I know what you are going to see and feel and what Noah will go through next as his poor little body will be pummled with drugs that will take him almost beyond his limits and your own as well. It will break your hearts to watch him suffer as there will be nothing you can do but hold him when he gets sick and whip his head or hold his hand. God bless and keep you all and be with each of you and the other children as yes they are suffering as well as it is so hard for them as well. Trying to study and know Noah is sick is hard. Trying to concentrate on your job and yet yearning to be with him and Sarah is tearing you apart as well. Emotions will be at their heights and that is why prayers are needed the most for the family as well. The doctors are there taking care of Noah and all but it is hard to find the doctor to take care of the family so you must look to the only doctor who knows you best and that is the Great Physician! Prayers your way.l

7. Rodney Galles says:

Thank you for the update on Noah. We are praying for you all. We just went through this with our grandson, buthe was older (19) so it was more understandable for him. He is well now, and that is our prayer for you. May Father Michael McGivney intercede for you and for Noah. Amen.

8. Phyllis Maragni says:

Praying for all of you. I know God’s grace will be sufficient each day for you.

9. Nora and Richard Browning says:

Praying for all of you, so many challenges…XO

10. Diane Price says:

God is Good and he is working things out for Noah
    And the entire family Roman 8-28 all things work together
    for good for those that love God and are called according
    to his will

11. Anna Clifford says:

Praying for you and your special family – now. Hugs.

12. Kendra says:

Hang in there — God has a purpose for everything and works all things for the good of those who love Him. (Romans 8:28)